Consisting of long and short dresses with matching jackets, fabulous skirt suits and matching bodices and jackets; the Condici 2018 collection specialises in elegant occasion wear with everything for the total look. Fabrics include luxurious silks in a stunning array of colours and elegant crepes in pretty pastels and bolder, bright designs. Whatever the occasion, Condici has an outfit to suit every type of figure with stunning co-ordinating hats and fascinators to match. While in Cheltenham, visit our Montpellier store to view the range.
Condici’s guide to dressing the mother of the bride or groom
- You’ll want to look elegant and slightly understated rather than trendy, ensuring your outfit doesn’t clash with the brides outfit or with what the other mother is wearing.
- Choose your outfit in a colour that suits your hair and complexion, don’t be swayed by anyone else, you have to be happy with the final look.
- Select an outfit that is comfortable and not too tight as you will be wearing it for many hours.
- If you have a curvier figure, ensure the jacket is not too short but covers your hips to create a longer more streamlined silhouette.
- For the petite, a more fitted shorter jacket can look stunning and will accentuate your trim figure.
- A long jacket worn over a straight dress is flattering for just about every type of figure and is brilliant for disguising a larger bottom or thick waist.
- A sleeveless shift dress with a jacket is always a popular choice as you can take the jacket off later in the evening when things begin to warm up. Take along a matching wrap to cover your shoulders if you are self-conscious about your upper arms. Alternatively, select a Condici outfit offering a short sleeved dress.
- Try to match your shoes and bag together; this gives a total elegant look. However, there is no need to try and match all your accessories perfectly with your outfit, as this can look too contrived. Make sure your tights are not too dark and compliment the colour of the outfit, as well as the shape of your leg. Accessorize with classic jewellery and simple make-up.